Rumor mill from Houtopia. We'll see if it's in the DMN tomorrow:
Word is, the Dallas Morning News will report tomorrow on a statewide poll conducted by Brian Epstein for Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. The poll will show Rick Perry is in deep trouble -- garnering just 32% support of those sampled -- with Chris Bell nipping at his heels at 27%, Carole Strayhorn trailing with 20%, and Kinky Friedman cratering in single digits. This is huge news, folks.
I'd note that most of the polls lately have showed Perry with higher than that.
I'd also note that Paul Burka says the rumor isn't true:
There's no love lost between Hutchison and Perry, as everyone knows, but I can't imagine that Hutchison would implant that dagger between Perry's shoulder blades (as much as she might like to), or that Bryan Eppstein, who does almost all of his political work for Republicans, would release a poll that hurts Perry and possibly the entire GOP ticket. Perry has high negatives--60% of the people won't vote for him--but that still leaves him with a potential 40% of the vote. The bottom line is this: The governor's race is a ten-point race, NOT a five-point race, until proven otherwise.
I still feel pretty good about my prediction over a month ago:
UPDATE: Well, since there wasn't anything in Wednesday's or Thursday's Dallas Morning News, I think we can safely assume that this rumor was false. Is it me or is the Democratic rumor mill working overtime right now? (Hat tip to Kevin in the comments)
Houtopia (and others) posted that rumor Tuesday. Nothing appeared in the DMN yesterday, or today (as far as I can tell).
No flames or impolite behavior. HTML will be stripped. URLs will be transformed into hyperlinks.
Comments must be approved before being published.