Getting started on Friday links
* Meanwhile, Sarah Palin will appear with Rick Perry in Houston on Dec 7th.
* The Supreme Court's decision threatens Texas' ban on corporate contributions as a 1st Amendment violation of free speech.
* Former Mexico president Vicente Fox was in Laredo and blamed America's thirst for drugs for Mexico's gang problems. The sad thing is: he's right.
* Wayne Slater devotes newspaper space to speculating that a $50k donation to Perry from a normal Democratic donor is meant to help Bill White by helping KBH win. All I want to know is: how slow was the newsday? I mean, it's possible, for sure since John McHale has apparently only given to Lamar Smith on the GOP side until now (according to the link, I haven't verified). But only $50k? That would be extremely stupid to only donate $50k if the objective is to influence the outcome of the race. $50k is so extraordinarily unlikely to change the outcome.
* John Cornyn is trying to recruit recruit recruit candidates to run for the Senate this year.
* Looks like the Dem establishment is backing Gilbert over Kinky in the Ag Commish race.
* I suppose it's fair to note that Craig James is now on the board of the Texas Public Policy Foundation.
* There's a whole list of longer posts I have planned but...well, if you've been around for awhile, you'll know that my blog promises are worth what you pay for them.
** Wayne Slater, only Democratic activists use the "Tea Bag" phrase that you use. Too much MSNBC can lead to slips like that. **
And sympathizers. You may be too charitable in calling it a "slip." :)
No flames or impolite behavior. HTML will be stripped. URLs will be transformed into hyperlinks.
Comments must be approved before being published.